A lot of people have been asking about my planned 2011 schedule since I usually have a dozen events planned during spring, summer, and fall. Unfortunately, I’m in event limbo right now because I’m moving this year for my job and family. This means that I don’t know if it will be next month or in 6 months!
I’ll likely be relocating more than 1000 miles from here which means anything beyond local events is a risk. This doesn’t mean I’m not training, it’s just that I’m limited to events based on what I can sign up for the week or day of the event. So right now, I’ll do some local races for May, June, July, and August.
With this messed up year, I thought it might be a good time to work on making the switch to barefoot running. This is proving slow and challenging (RE: I keep wanting to run more than my feet are ready for) – but I want to make this work and now seems to be a good time for me to slow down.
I am still cycling and swimming and will complete my first century this summer. Miles of Smiles 100 is a great event and I will even fly back to Illinois to do the event if move before July.
- July 9, 2011 – Pedaling for Kicks (http://pedalingforkicks.com/) 67 mile bike ride (If I am still in Illinois)
- July 30, 2011 – Miles of Smiles 100 (www.milesofsmiles100.com) 104 mile bike ride (I will fly back for this event if need be)
- August/September/October: will be looking to do an Olympic length triathlon and a couple half marathons depending on location if possible.
- December 4, 2011 – Rock and Roll Las Vegas Marathon (http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/) Running the strip at night! looks very cool.
- January 15, 2012 – Rock and Roll Arizona Marathon
I have my eye on an Ultra in 2012