Soooo many races, so little time! I’m doing mostly local halfs this year (plus a couple adventure races, and a couple utras) but the half will always have a special place in my heart.
Here are some on my half marathon bucket list:
- Rock N Roll Las Vegas – Run the strip at night? Where do I sign up?
- Rock N Roll Seattle – I lived in Seattle when I was less than athletic…would be cool to see a different side of the city by running it!
- Disney – In a couple years my nephews will be old enough to enjoy an amazing few days at Disney and I might be able to sneak in a “goofy run” (Half on Day 1, Full on Day 2)
- Canyonlands Half Marathon - the entire area around Moab, Utah is amazing – just to get a chance to run in Canyonlands would be a great check for the bucket list.
- Race to Robie Creek – This race in Boise, Idaho is close enough to where some of my family could come watch…plus, I like that it’s tough as nails with 8.5 miles of climbing and a temptation station around mile 12 with cigars, Twinkies, and 25 kegs of beer waiting at the finish.
- Mayor’s Half Marathon in Anchorage, Alaska – I’ve never been to Alaska, but I understand June is a great time to be there…and I’d probably run faster if a moose was chasing me.
- Semi Marathon Int’l de Paris – Even if I never get to say it, I might have the chance to say “Would you like some cheese with your wine?” during the race.
- Fiji Bula Half Marathon – yep. Fiji. I believe every water stop has fresh mango available.
- Great Ocean Road Half Marathon – the name says it all…except that it’s in Victoria, Australia – I’m sure the great ocean view would stay with you forever. plus with the number of JRR Tolkien movies getting made in Australia
- GöteborgsVarvet Half Marathon – I’ve never been to Sweden, but I’ve been to Ikea and one thing is clear: the meatballs are delicious. This is also the largest half in the world. Over 44,000 finishers in 2012 and they are increasing the registration limits to 62,000 runners in 2013! If you can be part of a record breaking event, do it!!!
So that’s 10 from my list. Did I miss any? What are your must do events?